Saturday 26 April 2014

Mamma Mia at Mamma Mexicana!


Nice and crisp, loaded with corn and cheese. That’s how I like my nachos! I don’t mind more toppings, obviously, but the nachos have to have the crisp which Taco bell nachos are highly deficient in.
Since its inception in 2010, Taco Bell has been desperately trying to satisfy the appetite of people who crave for Mexican food. Mind you, it had been successful in doing so until the city suddenly turned into a landscape where restaurateurs wanted to grab the best spot in the city and spoil us with all the lavish grub.

With coming in of restaurants offering Mexican cuisine, one realizes how pathetic Taco Bell nachos are. Yes, nachos are my weakness and after having the yummiest one at Plan B Loaded I still haven’t come across a place which serves nachos equivalent in taste to the one in Plan B, until I visited Mamma Mexicana.

When Bob and I meet, we eat and we eat like pigs. Last time, after a fail movie plan and desperately trying to escape from the heat, we (well, actually I) decided to head to Mamma Mexicana and pulled Bob along who was not in his usual chirpy mood. 


Ambience


My annoyed expression turned into a gleeful one as I entered. Why? Well, firstly because of the AC and secondly, the thought of having nachos got me mouth-watering already!
I have to say, this place has gone to great lengths to get the typical ‘Mexican’ look. From the music to the tile work, it screams Mexican all the way. The ambience is not pompous. It’s not trying to be something it isn’t. It isn’t in your face classy but the sophistication of the place gradually seeps in as you sit back in comfortable chairs/sofa and relish your food.

What I love the most? The fountain! Right at the entrance. So serene, so beautiful, I tell you. 



Quite fancy, what say?


Grub

Unlike every time, Bob was shying away from being a glutton. So we just settled for one drink, nachos for starters and New York style pizza for main course.

You know what happens when you are so busy in a conversation and the sight of a drink that can quench your thirst can make you forget that it contains little bit of alcohol?  Oh and you drink it up, straight? Throat burn and brain freeze. This is what happened when I had Cosmopolitan. Damn I can still feel that aching burn when I think of it.
This pink lady is dressed with cranberry juice, freshly squeezed lime, triple sec and vodka is quite a drink! I took it real slow after my disastrous first sip or rather many sips at once.


Standin' pretty in pink


Next came the nachos. Having this insatiable crave for them, I was somewhat sure to be up for a treat. When it arrived, my eyes were glowing as if they had spotted a pot of gold and the first bite of those loaded nachos made me go ‘Oh my god, this is sooooo good, finally!!!!!’ Yes, that’s how it was. Moments like these are when you experience true happiness.


Sluuurrp


If there is something I really like, then I have it as slow as possible, trying to delight myself with every bit of its taste. This is exactly what I was doing with these Nachos when the pizza arrived.
For people aren’t well acquainted with the different types of pizzas, New York styled pizza might sound oh so fancy to them, expecting a fully loaded colourful set of toppings, perhaps. But New York Style Pizza is completely the opposite of it. It has little or rather no toppings at all. The crust is all that it has to offer. The bloated outer crust tapers down to a soft and extremely thin crust. Luckily for me, the one in Mamma Mexicana had corn as its toppings, but the crust was thin throughout. 


See what I mean? Thin crusted and loaded with cheese. 

The pizza served to us had eight slices, each were big ones, sufficient to fill two hungry stomachs. Or rather one, because like I mentioned before Bob wasn't in a mood to stuff himself!
The service is attentive, something which is hard to find in restaurants these days. Prices are quite reasonable for the experience Mamma Mexicana provides. Taxes is what hits you the most.

However, if you are planning on going here go with a group, billing per head that way doesn't really feel like you are going to be broke after an extravagant lunch/dinner here.

Oh and make it Saturday night because they have a Columbian singer named Viviana singing some perky tunes throughout the night. So along with good food and the very Mexican ambience you get entertained too.

Will I visit this place again? Definitely and this time it will be a Saturday night to watch Viviana sing because my friend Rohit claims to be in love with her after listening to her voice. Really got to see what’s so amazing about her. :D 


Quick Takes 

Rating – 4/5

Cost for two – 1000/-

Why you should go here – For a Mexican experience.

Address – 5th Floor, 1 M.G Mall, Trinity Circle, Bangalore.

Landmark – Opposite Park Hotel


P.S – They have Sunday brunches too!
P.S.S – Bob is srini aka Srinivas. We call him Bob. Why you may ask, well, it’s just because we like to call him that. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment